Preventive maintenance keeps your furnace purring contentedly and your Florence, Kentucky, home warm and safe. Industry studies clearly show that most heater repairs result from skipped tuneups. Maintenance prepares heaters to withstand the pressures of winter’s chilling temps. When you schedule service in early fall, you’ll beat the rush and you’ll have the peace of mind that your heating system will work when temperatures dip.
What’s Included in Standard Furnace Maintenance Service?
Heating maintenance service typically involves the following tasks:
- Replace filter
- Check air flow
- Test and calibrate thermostats and controls
- Check and tighten electrical connections
- Lubricate moving parts
- Measure motor voltage and current
- Check pressure switch
- Check gas and oil pressure and connections
- Inspect and clean condensate drain line and condensate drain pan
- Check equipment starting cycle to ensure proper startup and shutdown
- Check heat anticipator settings
- Check burner combustion
- Test burners, limits, hot surface igniter and blower
- Replace thermocouple if necessary
- Examine heat exchanger
- Clean pilot assembly, pilot orifice, flame signal and sensor
Don’t forget to change the filters between maintenance visits.
Benefits of Annual Furnace Maintenance
With regular heater service, you’re putting safety first. Here are some additional advantages you’ll enjoy with annual furnace maintenance:
- Greater heating efficiency
- Longer equipment lifespan
- Improved indoor air quality
- Warranty protection
- Reduced breakdowns and repairs
- Increased furnace reliability
Find out how a heating maintenance plan can save you money. The Furnace Doctor makes home health care visits for heaters. Check us out online or call us at (859) 286-4453 to prepare your heater for winter.